Thursday, February 26, 2009

Transitions


There seem to be a few very "dramatic" transitions within the first few years of a child's life. Yesterday we experienced one of those very important transitions!!! Anabelle took her first nap and had her first night's sleep in her big girl bed. Although there is a lot left to do to her new bedroom, we want her to start getting used to a big girl bed so we can start on the new baby's nursery.


Well, Anabelle didn't do so well during her first nap. Although she never tried to get out of her bed, her normal 2 - 3 hr nap was only 20 minutes. Last night, she feel asleep quickly and did pretty well! She whined out a lot and I would go and put her back into a "normal sleeping position" and cover her up. But, within minutes she would either be horizontal on the bed or would be sleeping right up against the bed rails. I'm sure after a few more nights in her big girl bed, she will be doing great! I'm absolutely exhausted from checking the video monitor every 30 minutes and going back to her room to move her back onto her pillow. I think every one of her transitions has been much harder on me than on her! First it was the bottle at 12 months, then the paci at 27 months, and now a big girl bed at 31 months. Where has my baby gone???? It brings tears to my eyes to think of all the things that made her seem like a baby, are all gone. The excitement of watching her grow and watching that adorable and funny little personality bloom as she gets older has made it so much easier to handle! She talks like she is a teenager sometimes, and she keeps us in stitches. My little baby is growing up, but I have a feeling that the fun with her has just begun!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment